Title: Breaking Free 
Author: J. L. Davis 
Genre: Contemporary Romance 
Series: Breaking Free Duet Book One 



Add on Goodreads 











Cole has found himself in many situations he shouldn’t have been in. The last one landed him in prison. With his ego, tattoos, and backwards hat, he fits the classic scrub persona. But now that he’s back out in the world, he is committed to making something of himself. This is his second chance and he refuses to waste it.

​Brooke Hartford isn’t your typical parole officer. With her attitude, and an endless number of unattractive pantsuits, she comes across as abrasive and unapproachable. Yet, hidden beneath her harsh day-to-day exterior is the body of a goddess and the heart of a woman searching for a good man.

​As Cole tries to win her over, Brooke attempts to keep their relationship professional, only seeing the ex-con, not the man he has become. She doesn’t get involved with her parolees. Ever. No matter how attracted she might be. But Cole is determined to make her see the new and improved him.

How can Brooke risk everything on one of her parolees? Could Cole and the possibility of love be worth it?
















I started reading when the fifty shades phenomenon happened a few years ago. I have read hundreds of books since then and a story playing around in my head for quite a while. I finally got it out and published and I'm so proud of my first baby. It has many flaws, but it was my first. I’ve written four since and with each one I’ve grown. I’m more proud and in love with the characters and their stories. There will be many more to come. I love writing! 







Comments