Q. Can you tell us about yourself?

A. I live in Croatia with my husband and 5-year-old son, I love pretty jewelry, my favorite food is noodles, I am 34 but my spirit is 16 and I never plan to change that. I used to watch Harry Potter and now I make my son do it too, I love to torment my husband just because I can, I love animals and am slowly turning my home into a mini zoo without my husband noticing and I end every day partying with my son dancing to Imagine Dragons and Queen.

Q. How long have you been writing?

A I dabbled in writing from about the age of 16, as a lover of romance I always wanted to write books simillar to my favorite movies like What dreams may come, I have been writing for 4 years now.


Q. When did you first consider yourself a writer?


A. I still don't. It's still surreal when I remember that I have several books published.


Q. How do you handle writer’s block?


A. I take a brain break I give up and wait for the characters to start whispering in my ear again. I can't force it, if I do, I wouldn't get anywhere. In the meantime, I either read or plot more books.

Q. What inspired you to start writing?

A. My husband and I went through several rounds of IVF before we were finally lucky enough to have our son. It was a difficult time in our lives and not just because we couldn't get pregnant, and it affected me deeply. After I gave birth to my son, I started dreaming about what we went through and remembered how I couldn't find one book about IVF when we first found out we would have to go through it. I learned about it in school but I didn't know what to expect from the patient POV. Also, when I talked with my husband about my dreams and mentioned how there wasn't a single book about it, he encouraged me to write it all down. So, Wishing For A Star was some form of therapy but it was my way of also making sure that not one woman would ever feel alone as I did when I was standing in that bookstore trying to find some answers. 


Q. How do you research your books?

A. I take inspiration from the people around me and their everyday lives and secrets they have told me listening or eavesdropping in the grocery store and my own life experiences. 



 

Comments